Asking for help with Spiritual matters is a common occurrence. Please do not feel ashamed because you are deeply interested in spiritual truth. I am excited that you chose our website to help guide you in this journey to spiritual freedom. I am assuming that you are reading this because you received one of our Gospel tracts or were directed here for Spiritual help and you are looking for a more in-depth look at the Gospel . Therefore the page you are about to read will take you deeper. So let’s get started!
First Do you believe the Bible is true? It is not necessary to know all of the deep truths of the scripture to reply with an affirmative answer. The point is; Do you believe that GOD himself authored the Bible and has preserved it free from error in order for us to know HIM personally? Please put out of your mind all of the things someone else has said about the Bible and pray this simple prayer, “GOD teach me what is the truth about your word, the BIBLE.” Now read the Bible verses below.
- GOD is the Author, “All scripture is given by inspiration of GOD, and is profitably for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” 2 Timothy 3:16
- GOD preserves HIS word free from error, “The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our GOD shall stand forever.” Isaiah 40:8
- GOD has given us HIS word to instruct us how to know HIM personally, “But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.” Jeremiah 31:34
For us to go any further in helping you with your Spiritual journey you will need to settle the matter in your heart that the Bible is true and that through it GOD speaks to you. Do you believe? It may sound like this, “GOD I am going to believe the things that you say to me through the Bible and accept them as the truth.
Next it is vital that we understand our Spiritual condition. Another way to look at it is, how healthy are we spiritually? If we had a problem in our physical, emotional, or mental health we would go and see a doctor or specialist. They can probe deep to the heart of the issue and pinpoint the problem. GOD is the great physician of spiritual health so let’s see what he Doctor says.
- GOD says we have a behavior problem, “There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: Their feet are swift to shed blood: Destruction and misery are in their ways: And the way of peace have they not known: There is no fear of God before their eyes.” Romans 3:10-18.
You might be thinking, say that in a language that I can understand. Well here is what GOD says, “All have sinned (broken GOD’s law), and come short of the glory of GOD.” Romans 3:23. In other words our behavior does not measure up to GOD’s standard because of sin.
- GOD says we have a nature problem, the Bible says we were born sinners “Behold I was shapen in iniquity (lawlessness) and in sin did my mother conceive me.” Psalms 51:5.
- GOD says we have a heart problem, “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?” Jeremiah 17:9. The heart of our spiritual health problem is the problem of the heart. Here is what GOD says to help us understand it, “For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man.” Matthew 15:19-20
So at this point we would ask the doctor, “Is it serious?” GOD says this, “Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.” Ezekiel 18:4. People die physically because of sin, everyone is born spiritually dead because of sin, and tragically our default destination after we die is eternal death in a place called Hell because of sin. We have broken GOD’s law in our behavior, nature and in our heart and that is called sin, and sin must be paid for therefore the Bible says, “The wages of sin is death” Romans 6:23. Sin is deadly serious.
Furthermore our Spiritual condition is one which we are not able to correct. By our good works we attempt to be righteous before GOD, but the Bible says, “But we are all as an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; And we all do fade as a leaf; And our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. “ Isaiah 64:6. Also through religious acts and church affiliation we attempt to correct our Spiritual condition by worshiping GOD. But all worship is not acceptable to GOD, the Bible says, “But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.” John 4:23-23. Therefore we need to look for Spiritual help from GOD.
One would be a fool to walk away from a doctor or specialist office after being diagnosed with a terminal disease and not ask, “What can you do to help me Doc?” Please do not walk away from GOD at this point thinking there is no hope or what’s the use? GOD has a cure please read on.
Now for the good news, the Gospel. Gospel means good news. There is only one message that is really good news and that is the Gospel of JESUS CHRIST. Throughout history many have preached and taught what the Bible calls another gospel. Another gospel may have elements of truth but the message is mixed with error. This is not good news. Only GOD’s Word, the Bible can give us the true Gospel.
The Gospel begins with love, GOD’s love for you.
- GOD is a GOD of love. “He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.” 1 John 4:8.
- GOD loves you. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16.
- GOD has always loved you. “The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.” Jeremiah 31:3
Because GOD loves you and me HE is greatly concerned about our Spiritual condition and eternal destiny. Most people do not realize that GOD does not want anyone to end up in Hell. Read what the Bible says.
- GOD did not create Hell for people. “Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.” Matthew 25:41
- It is not the will of GOD that anyone dies eternally in Hell. “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9.
- Only GOD cares enough to provide a way for us to miss Hell and make it to Heaven. “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” Acts 4:12.
GOD’s love and desire for us to be in Heaven are only a portion of the good news, the good news gets better. The act of GOD to save us from our sin and eternity in Hell is called Salvation. Not only does GOD love us and desire for us to be in Heaven but HE has provided Salvation for all. The Salvation that GOD provides comes to us through HIS Son, JESUS CHRIST. What you are about to read should not be taken lightly because it is the greatest work of GOD. This good news has the power to radically change your life forever.
GOD promised that HE would be born of a virgin. “Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.” Matthew 1:23. Yes, on the very first Christmas day GOD fulfilled HIS promise to send HIS Son, JESUS to be our Savior.
When JESUS was born it was the beginning of GOD’s plan to fulfill a multitude HIS promises to us. GOD is faithful, HE always keeps HIS promises. The promises I am about to share with you are personal promises that GOD has made to each of us. Not only are they personal but these promises have the power to save us from sin, death, and Hell. Read these promises carefully and see how GOD fulfilled them in JESUS CHRIST.
- GOD promised that HIS Son would not sin, HE would keep the law of GOD perfectly. “Behold, the days shall come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch.” Jeremiah 23:5. JESUS fulfilled this promise. “Who (JESUS) did no sin, neither was guile found in HIS mouth.” 1 Peter 2:22.
- GOD promised that HE would place our sins on HIS Son. “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned everyone to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on HIM the iniquity (sin) of us all.” Isaiah 53:6. GOD placed our sins upon JESUS as HE hung on the cross. “For HE (GOD) hath made HIM (JESUS) to be sin for us, who knew no sin (JESUS was sinless); that we might be made the righteousness of GOD in HIM” 2 Corinthians 5:21
- GOD promises that HIS Son would die in our place “Therefore will I divide HIM a portion with the great, and HE shall divide the spoil with the strong; because HE hath poured out HIS soul unto death; and HE was numbered with the transgressors; and HE bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors” Isaiah 53:12. JESUS fulfilled this promise by dying on the cross in our place. “But we see JESUS, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that HE by the grace of GOD should taste death for every man. ” Hebrews 2:9
- GOD promised that HE would raise HIS Son from the dead. “For THOU (GOD) wilt not leave MY (JESUS)soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One (JESUS)to see corruption.” Psalms 16:9. three days after JESUS was buried in a tomb GOD raised HIM from the dead. ” And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, (JESUS) they took him down from the tree (cross), and laid him in a sepulchre (tomb). But God raised him from the dead.” Acts 13:29-30
The resurrection of JESUS CHRIST from the dead is a documented and validated historical fact.
- JESUS told his disciples to touch him where the nails and sword had pierced him.“Then saith he (JESUS) to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.” John 20:27
- Many people saw JESUS after he rose from the dead. The Apostle Paul gives a brief account of HIS post resurrection sightings. “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.”
1 Corinthians 15:3-8
Now, you might ask, what makes the death, burial, and resurrection of JESUS CHRIST a personal promise to me? Well I am glad you asked. Because of what JESUS has done you and I can have our sins forgiven, the condemnation of Eternal Death lifted from us, and have assurance of Eternal Life!
- “In whom (JESUS) we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace.”
- “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” Romans 8:1
- “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God (JESUS); that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.” 1 John 5:13
Stay tuned more to come later